Who we are
IPAA Tasmania is a member-based professional association for the public sector, promoting excellence and pride in public service within Tasmania. We are part of a strong and collaborative national IPAA network, comprising a National Council and Divisions in all States and Territories.
IPAA is nonpartisan, apolitical and not-for-profit, governed by an elected council of volunteer representatives from across the public purpose sector.
We are committed to providing opportunities for professionals from across government, community, academic, research, and business sectors to connect, learn from each other and gain insights into the ideas, trends and innovations that are shaping our State and the ways in which we work.
Our events, networking activities and online content are currently being reinvigorated with the key objective being to inspire public purpose professionals and showcase the incredible diversity and impact of public service work.
If you’re a public servant or engaged in public purpose work in Tasmania, we encourage you to connect with us at IPAA Tasmania and become part of a growing and diverse network of dedicated and talented public sector professionals.
IPAA Tasmania membership is open to any individual or organisation engaged or interested in the practice, teaching or study of public administration. For more information visit our Membership page.
What we do
Informed by our core values of excellence, learning, connection and inclusivity, we:
- promote and recognise excellence in public service practices and activities
- through programs such as the IPAA Awards
- recognise the importance of professional learning and insight
- by showcasing big ideas, deep thinking and public policy insights
- provide opportunities for networking and professional connection
- through interactive and accessible events
- welcome a diversity of public purpose sector members and perspectives